COVID-19 Information for Patients
Lumina Family Care is closely monitoring the situation regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are dedicated to promoting a healthy and safe environment for all our patients and employees. The information below provides answers to frequently ask questions or visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://cdc.gov.
What should I do if I am sick?
Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice.
What steps should I take to prevent illness?
- Clean hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow
What precautions are applied if I have had “close contact” with a confirmed patient with COVID-19?
• Any patient who has had “close contact” with a person confirmed to have, or being evaluated for, COVID-19 infection, should immediately seek care from a healthcare professional and/or notify their local health department.
Lumina Family Care is a Testing Site.
You must first call to see if you qualify for a test.